UO Alert: Significant increase in COVID-19 cases among 18 to 27 year-olds in Lane County.
There has been a significant increase in COVID-19 cases among college-aged individuals in Lane County over the past week.
As you go into the weekend, remember you can reduce your risk of contracting and unknowingly spreading COVID-19 by limiting the number of people with whom you are in close contact.
Take the following precautions:
- Keep groups small—stick to your household or small social “bubble”.
- Wear masks or cloth face coverings at all times when with others, indoors and outside.
- Remember that exposure is defined as being within six feet of another for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching common surfaces.
- Don’t share drinks, vapes, or utensils. Don’t eat or drink while close to others.
For more preventative measures and guidance on what to do if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, visit the UO Coronavirus website.